Jupiter entered Aries this last weekend for the first time in 12 years, adding yet more intensity and focus to the Cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn at this time*.
Jupiter’s influence here will be strongly felt, as it is conjunct Uranus most of this summer, which will amp up the energy output for both planets. Overall, these are exciting and expansive energies and will increase feelings of exuberance and enthusiasm.
While Uranus is called “The Great Awakener” (you can read my recent article here), Jupiter is called “The Great Benefactor”. Its influence is felt in usually beneficial ways through increasing and expanding whatever areas it is impacting in the skies, and in your own chart.
Let’s look at some things you may be noticing in the weeks to come:
- You are more open to viewing your life from fresh, new perspectives, expanding your horizons, revealing options that perhaps you hadn’t seen before.
- You feel more hopeful, optimistic and positive.
- Your confidence and sense of personal power is stronger, making it easier to find the courage and strength to move forward.
- You feel stirrings for change and new adventure. You may travel more than usual, as you find yourself wondering if the grass really is greener on the other side of the hill.
- Your faith in life increases. You feel more inspired and joyful. Through this faith, you feel greater confidence in starting over and beginning again.
. . . . . . .
A New Cycle of Expansion Is, Indeed, At Hand
While Saturn cycles constrict and limit the energy in and around us, Jupiter cycles expand and increase it. Thus, with Jupiter moving into Aries, there is an urge to seek expansion in some fundamental area of your life, which will initiate a new phase of your life. The aim for these expansions is that they will create a positive new direction for your life.
Whether you benefit greatly, or not, from this shift depends upon a few things:
- How open to change and growth you really are (this issue is also addressed in the Uranus in Aries article).
- How it is aspecting your chart is of critical importance in determing which area of your life will be most impacted. A reading will give you insights into this-learn more here.
- How practical, grounded and realistic you are as to just what you are both ready for and capable of at this time.
. . . . . .
Here are some areas in your life where you may be feeling the urge for change and newness. Again, a reading will help to determine which of these areas change may occur:
**A new you is emerging and you have this urge to change how you present yourself to the world.
To consider: This is a clear sign things are shifting within. Some ideas are: Create better health regimes that increase your energy, help you to lose weight or just feel better about yourself. Or it could be you just want a new look. Time to clean out your closet, buy some new clothes or maybe just get a new hair color or style. Whatever it is, make sure it reflects You…capital Y. Be bold and brave and real. This is what Jupiter in Aries wants to encourage in us.
**You are changing residences. Or you want change in your home and environment.
To consider: I am hearing from many people that they are thinking of moving—either near or far. Perhaps you are one of them! Or maybe you just want to change the appearance of your home. Cleaning out, getting rid of and de-cluttering are first steps. Also, consider how your front yard and then entry to your home looks and feels. Perhaps some sprucing up and adding color is in order. From a Feng Shui perspective these areas of your home are telling keys, reflecting how you present yourself to the world.
**Your primary relationship(s) are changing. You want to be seen and heard!
To consider: You are feeling the influence from Jupiter through your relationships, perhaps seeing them as reflections of you and how you experience life through and with them. Is it time for some new vitality in this area? Try doing some new activities together such as a dance class, gardening, short trips to new places or anything that brings in newness. This will open the door for this exciting energy to enter into your relationships.
Yet is it time for more drastic steps to be taken in your relationships? A place to start is to ask yourself honestly this question:
Do you feel seen and heard in your primary relationships?
If not, it may be time to get some outside input, or even to make a break.
A word of caution here~It is only too easy under these dynamic influences to make changes impetuously or impulsively. If you are thinking of making such changes, in your relationships or in any major area of your life, take some time to consider if it is the right next step.
**Your career or work is changing. You may have seen this one coming for a while, but now, there may be a sense of urgency.
To consider: This is a big one for many. There are indeed many changes in the work arena these days. But if it is under the vibes of Jupiter, there may be clear indicators it is time to expand your offering, seek higher ground and put out to the world just who you are and what you do. There is boldness and confidence now that can help put you just where you need to be at the right time. Trust your intuition, have faith, come up with a plan and go for it. And as I said above, if this is a BIG change, then do give it serious consideration first. All said, change to a more fulfilling environment, where you feel more alive, is indeed in the air.
. . . . . . .
Higher and Lower Impacts of these energies
Every astrological event has both “good” and “not so good” influences, which I usually see as “higher” or “lower” frequencies of the energy. Awareness of the higher and lower expressions of the energies at play can impact the choices you make, creating a choice which can result in you being able to gain a greater benefit.
Above I gave the more positive expressions of Jupiter in Aries. Here are some things to beware (or be aware) of:
- Too much of anything isn’t good for you. Avoid excess in any form.
- Assuming “it will all be ok” without making an effort or taking any initiative.
- Over confidence can be an issue now. Be clear and realistic as to what you are able to do or you may find yourself over-extended down the road.
- You may feel impatient and antsy (a little different than anxious), itching to do something new and exciting. Try not to be too impulsive or rash!
- You ignore what others are saying. Don’t forget the value of active listening!
- Don’t dissipate your energies! Try to focus or you may just scatter your efforts, thus not creating what it is you are going for.
. . . . . . .
In essence, here are the things to aspire to make the most of these energies:
- Don’t be afraid to be bold, courageous and a self-starter to get things moving forward in new directions! Go for it!
- Be more optimistic. Choose to see the bright side. Decide you really want to know what this is all about for you, personally.
- Actively seek new insights, information and higher knowledge.
- Seek to live with greater integrity and authenticity. Being in alignment with your values will greatly accelerate your progress and growth.
- Seek Divine guidance as you open to a higher expression for your life.
- Increase your tolerance and understanding, of self as well as others.
- Be honest with yourself: Are you really ready and willing to change so that you can then enter into the next phase of your life?
- Cease to allow old, out-dated beliefs and ways of being dictate your present, and thus your future.
- Do what you must to create more personal freedom in your life. This will allow you to thrive, not just survive.
- This is a cycle where your spiritual growth is directly related to being true to yourself. Honor your uniqueness. Only you can be You.
*Even if you are not an Aries, Cancer, Libra or Capricorn, we all have these signs someplace in our birth chart and so are impacted by this focus on these signs.
. . . . .
© 2010 by Elizabeth Jones. All rights reserved.
Feel free to forward or link this article, but please do so without change or alteration,
and giving credit to © www.astrologyoflight.com & Elizabeth Jones