In the four+ decades that I have been studying Astrology, there have only been a handful of times when the planets have aligned in as tight and intense of configuration as they are now. And as we enter the height of the potent celestial energies many have been talking and writing about, I wanted to step back a bit and look at two specific things:
- One is to give a brief overview of the the astrological events that brought us to this time of powerful shifts and change.
- And second, to address how these events are impacting some people in very intense and challenging ways. So if you are one of those, read on.
Many astrologers would agree that the current pattern of intensity began when Pluto entered Capricorn in January, 2008. As this began to be felt, it seemed to challenge the very ground we stood on. Things began to shift at such fundamental levels that many began thinking “will things ever be the same?”. Perhaps you were one of them?
Later in 2008, on November 4th (which just happened to be Election Day) the first of five Saturn-Uranus oppositions occurred. A rare event not to occur again for decade. Saturn and Uranus interacting in this way was sure to really shake up the status quo. There have been 3 since, with the final of the five occurring at the end of this month, on July 26th. (NOTE: I will be writing more on this final opposition in a few days). Clearly the Universe has been trying to get it through to us that things do not stay the same, and that in fact is in a constant state of flux.
In many ways, 2009 was a set-up for the rare and dynamic celestial events that would occur in 2010. As Pluto kept working away at the early degrees of Capricorn during 2009, the impact of this was felt in at least a few ways:
- It was becoming clearer and clearer that issues at deeper levels were emerging. What had not been previously seen or even intentionally avoided, was now starting to surface. As a result, changes started to happen that impacted our basic sense of security and “ground of being”. What was once solid and reliable didn’t feel quite so much anymore.
- As the year went on, these issues just kept being presented to our awareness in ways that were getting harder and harder to ignore. Whatever was “wrong” or unhealthy at the foundation of our life was becoming quite apparent, making it no longer possible to hide what had been hidden in the shadows.
- This was happening both in our personal environments as well as the world at large. The decay, corruption, misuse of power and/or old destructive regimes were beginning to be seen more and more on the surface, as the “transparency” of corporations with hidden agendas, dogmatic-entrenched religions and out-of-touch governments became real.
The astrological events taking place this summer brings all this energy that has been building to a critical point on the path. The Lunar Eclipse of June 26th and the Solar Eclipse of July 11th were triggers. And there is more to come in the next few weeks, and in rapid succession. I will continue writing about the events still to come, but for now, I want to address the 2nd point of this article, which is the fact that this have been a very difficult time for some.